Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of my rats has been treated for a uri and cleared from the vet. I was still a little concerned so she sent me home with some extra antibiotics. It's been 3 weeks since he has been declared healthy and 2 weeks since being treated. He still has sneezes but sounds clear and no porphryin. But I'm still concerned about moving him back in with his cage mates. I'm just looking for a second opinion on the matter.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
First off I wouldn’t recommend splitting off a poorly rat from his cagemates unless they are harassing him. The vast majority of things rats get are either not infectious or the rats will already be wither carrying them or infected by the time symptoms show. The most common resp issue is myco and this is endemic in the rat population, so your boy will still be carrying it as will all your other rats, just not got an active infection right now.

On that basic I would move him back in with his former cagemates, bearing in mind you may need to reintroduce them properly as its been so long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts