Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think it looks really good, very spacious and lots of big doors for access and cleaning. And the price is amazing!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Looks nice! Too bad the doors don't open ALL the way, but they're big doors, I don't think that will be too bad. I hear that the FNs in the UK are super expensive, too, even when they will be more widely available. Compared to the FN price, I'd say that's a steal! And it's certainly an attractive looking cage, too.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've found a FN for £130 (so the same sort of price) but it won't be available for 10 weeks! I'm waiting to hear back from them regarding shipping on it, see how much more it'll be. I think, realistically, I won't get a better cage (or deal) than this for a while.

What annoys me is that darn gap between the levels! That's the only down side.

I've also just found this cage (exactly the same) on ebay for £199!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Ration1802 said:
I've found a FN for £130 (so the same sort of price) but it won't be available for 10 weeks! I'm waiting to hear back from them regarding shipping on it, see how much more it'll be. I think, realistically, I won't get a better cage (or deal) than this for a while.

What annoys me is that darn gap between the levels! That's the only down side.

I've also just found this cage (exactly the same) on ebay for £199!
Wouldn't you have to cover the whole thing in hardwire cloths, anyway? So that should take care of the gap.

But I just read that delivery won't be until the last week of January/first week of February. And they only accept returns up to 7 days. So if you didn't like it, there wouldn't be anything you could do... which is suspicious.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't understand regarding the shipping (I will email to enquire) but I think 7 days is reasonably standard return time (or at least, compared to the others I've seen)

Hardwire mesh - I'm prepared to cover all of it, but I'll wait to see what the cage is like. Most of my girls are on the large side so it may not be needed, I'll have to experiment o_O

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ok... two words from me - I WANT.

It's like an FN on steroids!

·
Registered
227 Posts
But I just read that delivery won't be until the last week of January/first week of February. And they only accept returns up to 7 days. So if you didn't like it, there wouldn't be anything you could do... which is suspicious.
Usually it's 7 days after receiving the item. I'd ask the seller to clarify, but I'd be willing to bet this is the case.

Looks like I great cage.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bar spacing is 1". Apparently that gap is 1" but is covered by the 2nd floor tray.

The FN I'm looking at is £3.99 p&p! But again, 10 week wait.

Compared to the FN, this cage is slightly longer, about 20cm shorter and 10cm shallower. There will only be about £10 difference in it!

The reason for the delay in shipment is because they haven't received the shipment yet. Which puts me off.

But, is it just me, or does this offer seem too good to not take?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
if i could get a cage like that for $125AU i'd definitely be getting it. that seller looks like he/she's been around for quite some time, so must be trustworthy. i'd say go for it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh sweet, you'll have to show us a ton of pictures whe you get it in! I wish that kind of cage was available in North America. It's huuuuuge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts