Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I have four rats at the moment. I got my third girl, Sweetness, about a month and a half ago, and she STILL isn't being accepted by the other girls. I got another rat, Gwendolyn, three weeks ago, and things have started getting better... Gwendolyn sometimes will try to include Sweetness in play, but Gwendolyn seems more attatched to the two older girls. Unfortunatly, I knew NOTHING about quarentine before introducing Sweetness and Gwen to my older two girls... so they basically were in the cage with the other girls since I got them. I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to get the girls to accept Sweetness a little more.

Sidenote: Sweetness is a bit nervous... she STILL poops when I take her out of the cage for free-range play. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Since she's still a little scared of you, maybe you should get that relationship a little tighter (though it could take a while, I'm sure you're still working on it). Maybe once she's more comfortable with you, it'll boost her confidence with the other rats? And once they know that you like her, maybe they'll make the effort to play with her a little more, too.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I have a rat that's a loner by choice, though he isn't forced away or aggressive in any way, I think all of them have different personalities. He generally sleeps by himself. On odd occasions, though I find him cuddled up with the others. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts