Rat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I convinced my boyfriend to get rats as pets last year, he has fallen in love with them. In September, my girl Scout had a litter, and all of the babies either turned out beige or black (she is a blue and the dad, since passed, was a cinnamon pearl). However, since they have grown over the past few months, they have changed slightly in colors/markings, which is normal...but I forgot to tell Brad (my b/f) this. Anyways, he called me at work the other day and sent me a picture text because, "three of the boys are TURNING COLORS!" He was so excited that he couldn't wait until I got home. He was actually frantic. "They have a stripe down their backs, it's darker, and they still have their white markings, but now they are beige and have this different dark color..." he was going on and on...I assured him that they were probably just getting darker coats in, which they were. He was fascinated! :wink: Here's a picture of Atticus, who was a beige but has started to become a lovely silver lilac (which of course you can't see in the picture, because the lighting is never quite right! LoL...)

Anybody else have any "changing colors" stories? :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
um i raised my hooded rats from there mom but they only got darker nothing weird changed.... this mustve been a drastic change for him to notice that badly!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
when i got ozzy she was champagne (and went to a fawn mismarked bareback), and later on when i had her out i was like OMG hyper peed on ozzy's head!

before:

changing:

after:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rat_ratscal said:
when i got ozzy she was champagne (and went to a fawn mismarked bareback), and later on when i had her out i was like OMG hyper peed on ozzy's head!

lmao, love it! even better than brad's response! love her peachy fawn color, btw.

·
Registered
798 Posts
my little spaz went from being a beige hooded to a mismarked siamese, she still has part of her beige stripe on her back but has all of the points of a siamese, its the only way i can tell her apart from my other siamese lulu :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Aww cute storys my fish changed colours but i didnt know rats culd lol vry fasinating =] x

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
my white rats change colors all the time. especially Eyes as she seems to like to swim in her food before eating it. whenever i want a blue dalmation i give the rats blueberries... though, i must say a pink rat after strawberries is something to behold. still trying to figure out what my son gave her to make her orange and purple at the same time though... (this also means she gets bathed a bit more often then others too. at first she fought me the whole way while telling me exactly what she hated about it. now she just stares at me until i'm done then demands her yogie.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts