Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tend to bring my rat spirit everywhere. People call me "the animal queen" because of all my animals. Well I went to the library because we aquired some ferrets (we run a small rescue) and I'm hazy when it comes to there care so I wanted to read up and spirit sat on my shoulder while I browsed the book and read some he's such a good boy but the best is the reactions out of people here are my favirote a from today."Is that A ferret?""Why is it so cute?" "So it doesn't bite?" "Oh I want one! Jenny WE have to have one!" ( I told her is best to own two or more and do her research or just ask me)

Attachments

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
LOL, our public library actually changed the sign from NO DOGS to NO ANIMALS after the young people in the "Teen Room" got a little bit rowdy during one of our visits there... I thought they put in a teen room because teens were supposed to be a bit loud...

But yup, shoulder rats will attract crowds. And I get the ferret thing all of the time. As your rat doesn't look very rat like the confusion is natural, but some folks just don't want to say "rat" because they think it might offend you if they are wrong. I always stress the words "trained fancy rat" when I introduce our girls.

Cloud.JPG Cloud & Misty.JPG A IMG_0604.JPG

It makes people feel less panicky.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Aw, so cute. I can't imagine how my local librarian would act if i took one of my babies in with me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts