Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can/does Baytril go off/out of date?

I've kept the bottle that the vet gave me for Dotty at the end of December, just incase any of the girls need any in an emergency and I was just wondering whether it would still be okay to use as I've had it for just over a month...?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i think most bottles will have a use-by date on it. and yes, some antibiotics can go bad, especially liquid ones, or so i've heard. i think they just lose effectiveness after a while, and since you can't tell by how much it will be less effective, you can't just up the dose to compensate cuz you could harm your fur-babies.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm not sure about Baytril, but most liquid antibiotics I've gotten for small animals are good for 6-12 months after you get them.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Like OnlyOno said there should be an expiry date on the bottle. However if you have any doubts you could probably ask your vet OR as the saying goes "when it doubt throw it out"

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bottle doesn't have an expiry date on it. My vets make up their own bottles depending on how much your pet needs.

I'll probably end up chucking it out anyway, but I just wanted to see whether it'd be worth hanging onto for abit longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts