Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm super super worried about my rat Poppy. For a few week she has been struggling. Having trouble breathing, becoming less active. But today, I came home from school an let them out, after a while I realized she wasn't exploring, but hiding under my blanket... This was very unlike her. She's super skinny, an I tried to put her on the floor but she just climbed up onto the bed again. She is there year old. My room I very hot and stuffy but it does not see to be affecting the younger ones. I gave her a wet cloth, a froze bottle of water, an a bowl of ice water, what else can i do? she is breathing heavily and I snuggled up to me... I'm very worried.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
I would be more worried that she is having trouble breathing or her blood circulating. An overheated rat won't seek warm areas or peoe and will pancake out. This sounds like oxygen is not flowing correctly for some reason. ID get her to a vet.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying! My family literally yelled at me and told me I was just making excuses... She's been laying on me all evening.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ugh mom refuses because she is 3 and isn't even a "worth it" pet... And "vets dont help" so... I'm stuck with a rat that just pancakes out and snuffles. I have baytril, if I could use that at all...?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Baytril would be the firts option for a respiratory ailment. It would not hurt to try it. But a vet visit sounds to be in order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts