Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what happens if your rat is over weight? I think mine is...he is very fat and once I put him in a toilet paper tube and he couldn't get back out! My Mom had to help me with him! How can you tell if your rat is over weight?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Well a toliet paper tube is WAY too skinny... none of my girls have even tried to go into one since they were little. Especially if you have a boy- I don't think most boys would fit through one of those. I think that boys are supposed to weigh about a pound... I could be wrong on that, though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.....just wondering.....cause I thought rats could fit in toilet paper tubes, but I guess I was wrong

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
One of the most traumatic events that I have ever had with these girls is when Sevilla got stuck in a toilet paper tube. She had just grown too large for the tubes. One time I tried to pick her up (I'd only had them about a week at this point) and she freaked out so bad, she tried to go hide in a tube and got stuck! She was screaming, I was freaking out, my boyfriend was freaking out, so finally I had to tear apart the tube because she just could not get out herself.

No, an adult rat definitely does not fit in a toilet paper tube...

And you can tell a rat is overweight typically if there are fat "rolls," and/or if the rat has difficulty cleaning itself.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, thanks for saying, I thought that rats COULD fit in tiolet paper tubes, and another thing was that I had cut the toilet paper tube in half and was showing my best friend how he didn't want to go inside it and he actually went in this time and the half of the toilet paper tube got stuck around his middle!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, and another thing, my rat is not an adult

·
Registered
482 Posts
Addo HAS in fact, been overweight. He's always been a big boy, but lordy was he a porker at one point. DIET TIME, and exercise galore! Now he's a porker, but slightly less!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts