Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just painted the cage yesterday afternoon because it was chiped alittle and i walked outside in the morning and all i could smell was the spray paint.But my dad said dont worry about it the smell will go away by tomorwe...So now i am scared it wont and then when my ratties get into the cage the will get sick from the piant fumes....SHould i wash it after the paints dry?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
As long as it's outside it should air out just fine. To wash it you could spray it down with vinegar and then wipe it clean (and let it air out a bit after that, too. :lol: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
What kind of paint did he use? Some paints are toxic is eaten...my friend Stephanie just got finished painting her cage and I have also, we are using an enamel paint that is "kid safe". Usually when the paints say "kid safe" they mean unleaded, so I would check with your dad to make sure. And yes, you have to keep it outside for at least 3 day for the fumes to completely air out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Check to make sure it is kid safe and water based usually that will be fine and yes spray paint fums will fade after a while LoL
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top