Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently got two new young rats for my older rat whos sisters have passed, I was keeping a careful eye on them in a large open area, when the older one attacked the younger ones, actually paralyzing the youngest one and traumatizing the oldest out of the two, I cried for so long but realized, that the babies will be okay, I can’t get her into a vet right now though I’m trying, and that it’s my responsibility as a pet owner, to keep them separated, and care for them all separately, I have made an accessible cage for the youngest, But the real issue is, she won’t eat or drink, what do I do about that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She won’t, I got her to drink but she still won’t eat, and it just happened yesterday :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, and what do I do about her and her using the bathroom? Or will she still be able to pee/poop just fine?

·
Registered
219 Posts
If she's not pooping or peeing, you can use a Q-Tip to help push it out (similar to how the momma does it), but are you positive she's not going?

·
Registered
219 Posts
You would quickly brush her private part with the q-tip or cotton ball (dipped in warm water) to stimulate, this is how you would do it for an orphaned baby rat since they can not go themselves, however you can try it with your rat, although I don't know how she survived this long if she was holding it in all this time. Hopefully you can get her to a vet soon 🤞

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, and she was using the bathroom perfectly fine up until today, but I do not have a vet that’s easy to reach or is willing to help me cause of the virus and everything they already have going on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts