Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post didn't really catch much attention (thanks for the responses though) thought maybe I'd take a more dramatic note. I have aquired a PAWLESS young female rat, we are calling her Prudance McStubbins. She's just as spunky as my other two and keeps up with them well...she just has no paws,no feet,no toes....on ANY of her little legs...how rare is this? Genetic or breeding? (She's a feeder,don't judge me my other pets have to eat too, frozen is way less humane) She was just to cute to be food, and has made it this long! Thanks for the nice comments in my last post!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Frozen is definitely not way less humane. I'm also a snake person, just so you know.
Frozen is safer for the snake, and the rat doesn't consciously suffocate. If you're doing it right, you use CO2 and you bring it on slowly so the rats pass out and then they will suffocate while unconscious, feeling nothing.

But that's certainy strange, I have a rat born without a tail. I would assume that's pretty rare, something definitely went wrong in the very early stages of development in mommy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts