Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm allergic to peanuts and most rat foods have peanuts. I've managed with Oxbow adult rat food and Reggie rat food but I've read that lab blocks are good for rats to have as a daily part of their diet, but most lab blocks have nuts. If you know any lab block brands, then please reply. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Charlotte's breeder had a peanut allergy, and she used Mazuri rodent blocks and was very very happy with them. :) Apparently they are peanut free.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Oxbow does not contain any nuts, especially not peanuts (which unless roasted are dangerous to rats).

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
My husband has a deadly peanut allergy as well. I use Oxbow regal rat. it's also the best lab block available.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Oxbow is a lab block. Not in the most technical way, but in rat community vernacular.

It is the best dedicated rat block, but I still do not like it for the artificial additives. I prefer and recommend a dog food called Solid Gold Holistique Blendz. Generally, dog food is not suitable for rats, but this particular dog food is not in any way suitable for dogs. The reasons that make it a terrible dog food actually make it an excellent rat food. The protein is a tad high, but is easily remedied by mixing it with a mix of quality ingredients, which should ideally have a part in a rat diet anyway as variety is extremely important and most helpful in a holistic sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts