Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miffy seems to be urinating on herself. I've picked her up a few times and her belly area is moist and yellow. She also smelled like pee. (I gave her a bath.) She's eating, drinking, active. I feel she may have started losing weight, just a little. She is about two years old, and my first instinct is that she's just showing her age. Sprinkles had the same problems as she moved on in her life. Has anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i have. it later progressed to be known as a urinary track infection. so getting a sample tested with the vet may be in order. she may just not know she's peeing. maybe while she's asleep. rats will lay in pee or pee on others but they don't normally do it if they get wet in the process. it just a few dribbles marking their terf. so it could either be she's getting old and becoming incontient but its always good to get things like that checked out first. normally there will be a reason why they get slower or lose function of things that though may be related to age can have another cause entirely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts