Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at first Cheshire was the sweetest attention seeker I'd ever met. I mentioned it in he and his brothers intro thread that he rarely would leave my side. Choosing to get lovins from me rather than run around and play. After I took him to the vet to get his teeth trimmed he just kind of changed. He is a bit standoffish now. Doesn't really want anything to do with me. I just brought them out to play and Cheshire walked around a few minutes and climbed back into his cage to go to sleep.

Idk. I'm concerned. The vet said that he looked to have almost gingivitis. Receding gumlines, discoloration, and his teeth grow completely wrong. Could the sudden change be an indication of pain? I try to pick him up and love on him like before but he just kind of seems like he's not fully present. He will accept it for a bit and then just casually walk away, not run like he's fearful or anything. I would describe it as a "blah" day for us humans. This explanation is kind of scattered so if there's questions feel free to ask so I can clarify anything. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
How long since his teeth burr has this been going on, and did he get knocked out for the burr?

Also whats his diet like?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He got it done last Tuesday the 27th. No he was not knocked out. And he eat Harlan Teklad blocks...well mainly the crumbs. He will eat the blocks but he seems to have a difficult time with that because of his teeth. The top ones grow crooked to one side and the bottom ones grow backwards into his mouth, but they are short now so they aren't poking or anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.