Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local pet shop today and found some feeder babies out on display as pets. Aparently when their feeders get pregnate, they raise the babies as pets for some reason. Well these babies are 5 weeks only approximatly and being fed hamster food as well as keeping all of the sexes together D: I'm so worried about the females! Especially since I found the one rat that was sweet and loved to be held was female and so pretty.

So these people are recomending hamster food over lab blocks, feeding their rats the stuff with DRIED CORN in it, and keeping their sexes together. When I asked 'shouldn't they be seperate' they said, no that's 6 weeks o_O there was an empty cage right across from them they could of easily be put in!

I can't find a contact manager link on their website. What should I do? Should I put in an anonymous call to the manager? Will they even listen to me as they all claim to be supreme ratty experts?!

I just hope those poor tiny females will not become pregnate from their idiocy.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there any type of brochure I can give them that lists proper tips in raising rats? There is so much misinformation out there that I think a simple brochure given to many pet shops would help immensly.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I would call if it was me, They might listen they might not. Maybe if you can get a friend or two to call as well? they might pay some attenchion. I mean why would they have the number if not to listen to customers?? i know their numbers are for more than just that but you know what i mean :). Poor little girls.... I feel so lucky... WE have a family owned Pet store which has all the males and female apart from each other :D. Added plus is they get their animals from good breeders. They get some from a girl who works there and sometimes from me and mom :). Anyways :p i would call... thats just me though.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I think I will call, and I might write a brochure myself to give out eventually. Having the friends call as well is a good idea, but I don't really know anyone into rats enough to do that ^^;;

·
Registered
814 Posts
maybe a brother or sister? mom, dad? or room mate something like that? If not then have your little ones give them the googley eyes and they wont be able to say no :p lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts