Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With no breeders around me I was forced into buying a pet store rats which I mean siri was a pet store rat and she was fabulous but these two I have now are quite a handful.. But anyways they give you a warranty where if they have Any health problems and you take them back to pets mart with your adoption papers they will treat your rat and give them back to you OR you just get a new rat.. Does anyone have any experience with this??? I'm very nervous about leaving her there with them, it's kind of like leaving my little baby somewhere...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Do NOT leave your rat at Petsmart and expect to get it back healthy and happy. Some people have had good experiences with it, but don't count on it. It depends on the store and the management. Some will gladly treat your rat while others won't promise you'll get it back. Also, there's no telling what else it could be exposed to and how it will be treated. Take your rat to a vet, not to Petsmart, for treatment. It might be costly, but at least you'll know your rat is safe and in good hands.

EDIT: I just realized you didn't say if it was Petsmart or not, but I assumed since they have a 14 day thing. Even if it's not Petmart, I wouldn't trust a petstore to take care of my rat.

·
Registered
581 Posts
As the person above said, petstore warranties are unlikely to really do their best. If the petstore is a mom and pop store, you may have better luck, but I still wouldn't really trust them... If it's a commercial petstore (Petco, Petsmart, etc...), from what I understand their warranties say they will notify you IF your rat is treated and will return it to you. That "if" is a big deal when considering Petsmart or Petco. It means they don't actually have to do anything and the rat will likely be thrown in the back to die. But, it depends on which store you are referring to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts