Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a fan of buying rats from any chain store. BUT I went in to my local Petco to pick up some things for my cat and dog and saw something that made me very happy. I went in much earlier than usual because my toddler was driving me up the wall at home and caught the small animal lady caring for the small animals. She had set up a little play area for the rats and when I peeked into their tanks, was surprised to see fresh strawberries, apples, grapes, bananas and peas and some baby carrots on top of their normal mazuri food. I don't support buying animals from chain pet stores and either adopt or buy from a reputable private breeder, but it warmed my heart to see that this particular employee loved the animals she was caring for and was doing her best to make a difference in their lives where she could.I am sure these socialized ratties will at least be good pets for their life and hopefully never are abandoned thanks to the extra work this employee has been doing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That makes me feel good :) I've been eyeballing a rat at our petco for a couple weeks. She's making me so miserable! She's so beautiful but they have her in a tank with itty bitty air holes in the back of it, with grey ucky looking bedding, a plastic igloo and a water bottle. Her teeth and nails are really long and she's the only rat in her tank. She's gorgeous and I would love to save her but I'm worried her current situation will give her health issues that I can't afford to fix and my two ratties at home are still new and I'm trying to tame the skittish one. I really hope she gets a home. :( She worries me sick!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts