Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as I posted before, my vet bills for Remi and Gus have been completely ridiculous so I went to PetSmart to speak with a manager. I gave them all my vet reciepts and spoke to them about the health of rats they are selling, etc. They paid all my vet expenses in full! I was really impressed. I am still never going to shop there again, but I am really happy they paid for the vet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Lucky you! :D Maybe I should do that to the pet store I bought my girls from. I've had them 2 days and already spent over $200 on them... Unfortunately they don't send rats away with a health guarantee, but maybe I can at least smack some sense into them about why you don't use pine bedding on small animals.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Dude, that's awesome! I mean, it's a shame about the need for the vet bills in the first place, and I agree you might want to not buy there anymore. But at least they owned up to it, and helped you out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You're very lucky.

I know both PetSmart an PetCo have a 7 day return policy (I know how bad that sounds) on rats. When my mum got hers it got sick within that 7 day time frame, so she took it back and they treated and medicated the rat and gave her back to my mum.

·
Registered
221 Posts
there are 2 petsmarts near me and they have a 14 day guarantee ....they have "better" homes for the pets there and only keep males or just females of all types of pets in their store....vet prices are pretty high though. These petsmarts sound better than some of the pet stores i've read about on here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are they Fancy Rats? Because I work at a PerSmart in Seattle, WA and we've stopped selling Fancy Rats because people were feeding them to their large snakes. Do you know if your PetSmart sells Fancy Rats anymore? Because the only rats that we sell now are medium and small rats. Just curious.

·
Registered
730 Posts
irisfreamon said:
Are they Fancy Rats? Because I work at a PerSmart in Seattle, WA and we've stopped selling Fancy Rats because people were feeding them to their large snakes. Do you know if your PetSmart sells Fancy Rats anymore? Because the only rats that we sell now are medium and small rats. Just curious.
Fancy rats and feeder rats are the same thing, just labeled differently ;).

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm in Chicago and picked up my second rat today at a petsmart here. They sell "Fancy Rats" here. Oh and the 14 day policy is standard here aswell. =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts