Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does everyone do this? I use tweezers and go one piece at a time, but this is a bit tedious. Any better methods?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I used a cat litter scoop at first.
Then I just plain ol' used my hands, as long as you wash your hands and scrub your nails afterwards, I don't see the problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use a single piece of toilet tissue. It's cheaper than kleenex, so says my wife.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i just use my hands, so long as its not too moist. but i lived on a farm for a while and have had a infant son only a few years ago. poop doesn't phase me any

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I use kleenex or toilet paper, whatever's around at the time. There's no way I could pick it up with my bare hands o_o;

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
ugh.i hated the green smooshy poop. it stank SO BAD. a tip for those that haven't experience human babies poop, those juicy gummy candies that come in packages turn into nuclear waste on the way out. after dealing with that, i've never had a problem with rat poop. at least rat poop is solid and dry. the odor from rat leavings won't make your eyes water either.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I use a tissue to push all of them in one pile and then pick them up like that.

Yeah, I was 11 when my sister was born...I think I puked at least ten times before she made 1 year. xD

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Fingers.

I'm too lazy to deal with tearing off individual squares of toilet paper, and although I haven't had a kid myself, I used to baby sit a 6 month old for 8 or 9 hours, and had a dog that got old and pooped in the house all the time. Compact little rat raisins ain't no thing at all!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
twitch said:
ugh.i hated the green smooshy poop. it stank SO BAD. a tip for those that haven't experience human babies poop, those juicy gummy candies that come in packages turn into nuclear waste on the way out. after dealing with that, i've never had a problem with rat poop. at least rat poop is solid and dry. the odor from rat leavings won't make your eyes water either.
haha sour patch kids were the worst with my oldest! But the face was priceless!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hands :) There is too much for me to try the tweazers. When it's squishy I use baby wipes. I go through a lot of baby wipes when they are on meds and the yogurt sometimes just doesn't cut it for Hobbes.

·
Registered
532 Posts
my fingers
:D normal rat poops are like horse poops, mostly dry and not (usually) incredibly smelly. for those evil green poops, i definately use a tissue.

unless you have open cuts, you should be fine just washing your hands afterward. if you do have cuts or hangnails or anything open, i would wear gloves, or use tissues just to be safe.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm so glad everyone said that they just use their fingers, because that's what I was thinking about doing as well but I was worried everyone would call me gross. Looks like I'll be touching poop from here on out.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I go with the finger method... After being around cows and chickens rat poo is nothing.

My best friend and I have decided we'd be more inclined to have children if they had pellet poo like rats :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts