Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am racking my brain trying to think of an explanation for this but I've got nothing. I cleaned up the cage about half an hour ago and pulled the boys out to play; Nibbles went right back inside but Jesse has been hunting for the Oxbow I stashed near the cage. I just went to check on them and noticed a fresh pool of urine near Nibbles. When I went to wipe it up I noticed some other fresh puddles nearby that looked like grapejuice on the blue shelves, but when I soaked it up with toilet paper I saw it was in fact pink.

I haven't fed them anything red in at least two days. I am really confused because there were three puddles right next to each other and one was yellow but the other two were pink. Could this indicate blood in the urine? Hopefully I just spilled something red in there and forgot about it and the urine soaked it up but I can't think of anything...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turns out the dyes in a wooden see-saw toy we got for them will run when exposed to liquid; they never even walk on the see-saw so they'd never peed on it before and I'd never realized that could happen, but this time I guess the puddle touched the bottom of the saw and the dyes ran. I took it out of the cage when I figured it out.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Food colored toys get me often! I just went through a freak out with Buttercup. Her tail was blue! I thought she was losing circulation. thought she was acting all normal I was feeling a bit panicky what could it be...then lightbulb..lets get some soap and a white rag. Yep-poor circulation probably doesn't wash off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts