Rat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there were any good bedding pans for a single critter nation? I don't need one for the shelf (I can handle fleece on that one), but the main floor area is really hard for me to clean with fleece. I do need something with a 3-6 inch depth. (I could make one with Chloroplast, but I feel like that would be chewed to death within six months) Thank you :)

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Bass co makes some

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bass co makes some
I think they sell the deeper pans on the critter nation website:)
The website says they need to be cured so they're animal safe? :confused:
So that on top of them being $35 makes them a bit too pricey... Are there any under bed storage bins or something of that like that fit?

·
Registered
908 Posts
The stainless steel ones don't... Those are the ones I got. And you can ask for them to be an extra .5" deep for $6 per pan I think. I love mine. They haven't rusted or anything and fit in great. I'm soo glad I asked to have them the extra .5" deeper.. It helps keep bedding in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are showing up as $60 with shipping for me-that's way out of my budget. I need something under $30 (even thats a stretch)

·
Registered
539 Posts
You can get a cement mixing tray from Lowe's/Home Depot. However, it has sloping sides, so you'll lose space.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can get a cement mixing tray from Lowe's/Home Depot. However, it has sloping sides, so you'll lose space.
Thank you! I'll have to go see if my local one has one-is there a certain brand I should look for?
Also, how do you guys think chloroplast would work? My only worry is her chewing the cr*p out of it, but if it would work, I could choose whatever color I wanted and could have it as deep as I wanted.

·
Registered
272 Posts
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Plasgad-Black-Large-Concrete-Mixing-Tub-887102C/205451585?N=5yc1vZaq89 Here's the one I was talking about. You may have to shave off some of the edge on a couple sides, but it'll fit in a CN. Because of the lip and sloping sides, you'll lose ground space using this though.
This is VERY helpful information, LilCritter, thank you!

Would you happen to have a photo of this tray in action in your cage? I hate to trouble you with that request, but I'd like to get an idea. :)

Also, was it difficult to shave off some of the edge? Did you just use a sanding tool?

Can you tell I'm about as handy with such projects as a fish in a desert? ;)

Thanks much!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I got the mixing tub, and it barely fits... The doors don't want to close and I already know its going to be a pain in the bum for cleaning/removing it. She loves being able to play in the bedding though....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts