Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently live with two 8 week old male Rattie brothers in my office. Have a decently sized habitat with multiple climbing surfaces and oodles of toys. However, I would like to design a portable, fold-up play yard for them that can easily be stored away in a corner of my office. ( I plan to take them home on vacation)

My office flooring is a sealed poured floor similar to what we use in the kennels. I will cover it with newspaper. Because my tiny babies can easily squeeze through most bars, the temporary structure would be 4 cardboard panels approximately 4 foot wide x 2 1/2 feet tall. The joints would be sealed with duct tape so the could easily be folded and stored away between uses. I am able to quickly replace them as needed since we receive so many shipments here at our shelter. Have loads of objects they can climb in, run though and chew on that would fit in the pen.

Once they reach adulthood, they could then move up to a wire/ black powder coated dog exercise pen with 8 of the 24" wide and 3 foot high panels. The top would be covered with screen mesh so they would be unable to escape.

The boys would have access their play yard approximately 2-3 times a week for 3-4 hours. In addition, they would spend time with me outside their habitat at least another 2-3 times a week.

Does this sound feasible, or would you recommend something else?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts