Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i take my rats out to play, they seem kind of "cautious", then after a minute or two they just start kind of walking around and kind of exploring like its a whole new place. they arent afraid of me and i can hold them and pet them and play with them and things, but they just seem kind of timid and they dont seem like they are having a lot of fun. :( any ideas?

·
Registered
981 Posts
How long have you had your rats? Are they male or female?

Make sure they have toys and stuff to play with when you have them out on free time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive had them for about 3 months and they are males. ive kind of ignored it for a while since they were still settling in and getting used to me. i do have some toys but they dont seem too interested in them. any ideas of what they might like to play with?

·
Registered
981 Posts
I've always heard that males in general are less likely to play than females. They like to just chill out.

As for toys, I know Night uses all kinds of things for cats for her rats to climb around on when free roaming. I'd like to do the same thing.

Though really I think your rats aren't bored, they are just that way.

Oh, try one of those feather things that is for cats. It's a pole, a string, and some feathers at the end. My rats love that, they'll chase it all around.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I let my boys play on the couch, I put old clothes, a large tube and some fabric scraps for them. They usually just chill in the tube.

One game they seem to enjoy is *play under mommys shirt* I put on an old t shirt then another really loose shirt over it and let them play between the two. The three that i stuck under my shirt had fun, and its a new game every time you change positions :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts