Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Cloud and Dew (Pearl Merle and American Mink, both with Irish markings)!
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What鈥檚 one rat thing you own and like, but not many people know about?

For me it would probably be Easter baskets. They鈥檙e not the most unheard of item, but right now鈥榮 a great time to get them since Easter is over for the year! I鈥檝e gone to Safeway and seen them for 50 cents!!!

The soft ones with fabric are great for your rats to snuggle in and the ones made of the woven bamboo are great to put fabric in. A lot of the woven ones are dyed, my rats aren鈥檛 big chewers but if yours are, you may want to steer clear!

Registered
My rats love these plastic storage baskets from Target. I have the long and mini ones, and they're great to hang on the side walls for them to cuddle/sleep in. And since they're plastic they're easy to clean. The weave is wide enough that their nails don't get caught in it, and the bottom is solid. The mini ones also work well as a litter tray, I have one on the lower level of the cage with pine shavings and a pee rock in it to weigh it down lol.

Registered
Well, I recently upgraded my rats settup, and they love this box of paper that they made a nest out of that used to be in free roam, but a put in their cage when I removed the wire mesh level:

Look at their little faces in the last one!!!

Registered
Freddy, Alfredo, Juniper, Figgy, Dobby

Registered
Freddy, Alfredo, Juniper, Figgy, Dobby
My rats love these plastic storage baskets from Target. I have the long and mini ones, and they're great to hang on the side walls for them to cuddle/sleep in. And since they're plastic they're easy to clean. The weave is wide enough that their nails don't get caught in it, and the bottom is solid. The mini ones also work well as a litter tray, I have one on the lower level of the cage with pine shavings and a pee rock in it to weigh it down lol.

View attachment 305090 View attachment 305091
View attachment 305092 View attachment 305093
look at those WHISKERS in the last photo! So pretty!!

Registered
cereal tubs! if you pull off the little lid on them theres a perfectly rat sized doorway into a fun little cave. I stuff them with paper and hay for nesting (which they then pull out and instead fill it with torn up hammock. of course.) I've never seen anyone use them in a cage before but the ratties absolutely love them. great for the rare warm days we get here to keep them cooled down.

Registered
corn snacks, I don鈥檛 know the real name in english but they look like giant cheetos and are sold for babies often. They only have corn in it, no added sugar, salt etc. My rats LOVE them. The best money saving treat ever, you can cut one piece into ~10 little percfet sized pieces

1 - 10 of 10 Posts