Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've heard the last one is hard to put together, and that some ferret owners say some don't like the tube. Plus, the floorspace is less.

But yeah, first and last =)

·
Registered
997 Posts
The first one is good if you're low on space but want to give them some extra leg room, still on the small side.

The second one is a tad small, it is the absolute minimum for two males. I have this one and I use it for a travel cage for my two females and neutered male.

The third one is just fine, and is just a larger version of the first one. In fact, the cage calculator is telling me 4-5 rats if used wisely.

The last one I would say go for because of the space in height(though others would disagree and tell you look for more floor space).

Ultimately, I would say go for the third one, it seems larger but not too big and versatile and easy to clean.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'd say go with the last one. The more space you can give your rats, the better. As a second choice, I'd say the third (which is bigger than the first one). The second cage is not suitable for male rats in my opinion. It doesn't have enough floor space, and 14" is too small of a depth for big boys.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i've found my two boys love to chase each other around, so they need more floor space for room to run (and not so many levels)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys thanks for the help but yesterday i got a new rat cage for a pet shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts