Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my rat Lucy for 8 months and she has always been an affectionate, loving, friendly rat, she would come out of her cage to have cuddles but the past few days she hasn't wanted to come out of her cage, hasn't been interested in getting pats, has no interest in me which is weird seemings we were quite close, she seems sad and just has no interest in anything, her and sister are both on antibiotics have been for a while and it has never caused behaviour changes before, Ella picks on her a bit, jumps on her, nips her, and pees on her but she has been doing it for ages, could it have just started upsetting her now? She has also lost some of her balance she is super bad but she has fallen off a few things lately not heaps but usually she never does, what could be going on with her, what can I do to make her happy again? I am so worried :(

·
Registered
874 Posts
Oh shame, sorry to hear that. I think you should get her checked out as it seems she's maybe picked up a secondary infection. It may be her ears if she's losing balance and falling off things. If she's always been friendly and tolerated Ella doing her thing then I doubt that it's a personality change. Rats don't just have personality changes so I would think her change in behavior is because she's not well. Sometimes the vet will give a second antibiotic at the same time. Hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ditto on the above--she needs to see a vet right away--the behavior changes you're describing are alarming and may indicate she's in trouble, healthwise.

Vibes for her recovery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts