Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Rats
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out luna doesn't have tumor but she does have a cyst near her bladder. The doctor has given antibiotics and painkillers for her. But she is not eating or drinking water and she is just sitting under her blanket. How do I make her eat and drink.

Pls suggest 馃槶馃檹馃徎

Registered
Poor Luna has been through tough times and is very out of sorts. I really can't think of a way to make her eat and drink, but would spend lots of time with her and offer her favorite foods and drink gently, not forcing. Good luck to both of you.

Registered
Have you tried Pedialyte of Gatorade? They鈥檙e supposed to help with dehydration if she drinks them, I鈥檓 sorry, try with her favorite snack and make her comfortable, I would also try a syringe with water in it and try to get her a few drops of water in her system if you can.

Registered
Oliver Bean, Phyllis, Waffle, Taco, Atlas, Cirrus, Orion
If you have cream of wheat, make it thin and add butter and brown sugar. Luna can lick it from a spoon and get something in her belly. It helps with hydration too. You can also grind up her dry food, add water/butter/brown sugar and make it thin.

Registered
There are some good suggestion,watered down baby food formula is another one.You will know if she is not eating it as she will lose weight very quickly.I am sorry she is not doing well.A piece of sweet juicy fruit such as melon,mango ,lychee,grape may tempt her too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts