Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Venus, Dex
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just let my ratties out to play on my bed and I noticed that one of my rats, Venus, is tilting her head to the side and losing her balance.

I read that it could be an infection but there is no puss coming out of her ear, I don't smell anything and she tilts her head to BOTH sides.

She acts as if everything was normal, she's not aggressive, she's eating and drinking just fine but she keeps walking weirdly and tilting her head to the side.

What is going on?! Will she be okay? I'm very worried!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would take her to the vets.If it is an inner ear infection there is no smell or discharge.If the vet thinks that is the problem they will put her on antibiotics.I hope she does ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just let my ratties out to play on my bed and I noticed that one of my rats, Venus, is tilting her head to the side and losing her balance.

I read that it could be an infection but there is no puss coming out of her ear, I don't smell anything and she tilts her head to BOTH sides.

She acts as if everything was normal, she's not aggressive, she's eating and drinking just fine but she keeps walking weirdly and tilting her head to the side.

What is going on?! Will she be okay? I'm very worried!
I definitely think it’s an infection, not to scare you but I had a rat once with the exact same symptoms that became blind and deaf because of an ear infection. Take her to a vet as soon as possible

1 - 3 of 3 Posts