Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I are crying our hearts out right now--we just found our beautiful Lucy Lu, a seemly VERY healthy, active, somehwat chubby rat girl dead in her cage--NO REASON.
This girl was the light of our lives--and VERY well cared for--she had at least two hours of outside play time every day and her diet was nutrious.
PLEASE, can someone help us understand why Lucy died?
I have had rats for years, but never had a one year old just pass in her sleep.
We hurt so bad, and need answers--please help! peggy

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
With unexpected deaths in young rats I always think stroke or heart attack.

I am soo sorry for your loss. :( May your heart heal soon. ((hugs))

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. MY ratty Joshu died very young, at 8 months old but it wasn't a fast death like your little girl. It was an internal mass, unoperable and prohibiting his lungs and his heart from functioning D: It still is very hard, MONTHS after his death and I suppose even years from now it still will be hard.

Today laying in bed, I was thinking of how things would be if he was around. I thought him and Bert would get along and he would love his cage but still crave to be free range, like he was before he passed. He was such a good rat.

I'm sorry for going on like that, just wanted you to not feel alone in your loss of a young and seemingly healthy rat. It happens and it's hard for us all but the short time they are here is so beautiful it shines for the rest of our lives.

·
Registered
67 Posts
im so sorry for your loss :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts