Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

The reason the RE for this thread is please read is because I don't get replies much :( I'm pretty new to forum! Anyways,

I'm wondering if people can give me good ideas for nice foods for rats.

Mine do get fruit and veg at least 3 times a week if not more. I recently tried the baby food too which he enjoyed. He loves porridge oats as I got told these are good for rats, is that definitely true? But anyways if people could give me good tips that would be helpful. I love trying my baby's on new things!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Isamurat and Cagedbirdsinging are probably who you need to talk to. They both do homemade mixes. Personally, ours are mainly on Oxbow with veggies and such for treats.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Oxbow and harlan teklad are the best in personal opinion. I buy harlan in 50 pound bags but I have a lot of rodents who eat the stuff. (a squirrel, 7 mice, and 7 rats..haha)

Make sure to continue to supplement with healthy foods. Mine like fruits and veggies, yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, nuts, pretty much anything.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My rats are on selective rat food for their pellets, then they get fruits and veg, they have porridge oats and baby food sometimes. They've had Sunday dinner and weetabix before! Just want some tastey new dinners to try :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.