Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, like some other people do not know the different types of rats.
(Color Names/Hooded and so on.)

Could there be a section where there is the Many colors and variations of rats, pics and names?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Well, for starters there is only one "breed" of rat that is considered domestic, but as far as colors, and coat types, and other things, that might not be a bad idea. I know a lot of sites out there have very good examples of all the different variations of rats, so maybe just a link to a good site would work.

Emy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
I like this idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
Mods? Any reply?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
the only problem with this is that while ome people call it mock hairless others call it double rex and so on. There are lots of different names for the same type/color
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
:? What? :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
I think that Twitch means such a glossary would have to be huge to cover all the names people give to types and colors.

Especially when you consider that our members in the United Kingdom often call colors different things, because the correct names are different over there. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
i didn't know i had replied forensic... :lol: but you are right the glossary would be far too large and its not needed when a google search will show you what you're looking for there. if you guys want to start a topic dedicated to finding these sites and sharing them with the rest i'll sticky it though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was talking more along the lines of a post or something of a few names and then some links or whatever. But I dont care if we have it or not, I already know what I have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Matt said:
I was talking more along the lines of a post or something of a few names and then some links or whatever. But I dont care if we have it or not, I already know what I have.
that's already been done many times over actually. you and others or course are welcome to read the past posts about it. most still have active links. most of the titles are asking for what type of rat this is or along those lines. but i will make sticky a post of links to sites that talk about the different variations if you guys are willing to compile such a list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
twitch said:
Matt said:
I was talking more along the lines of a post or something of a few names and then some links or whatever. But I dont care if we have it or not, I already know what I have.
that's already been done many times over actually. you and others or course are welcome to read the past posts about it. most still have active links. most of the titles are asking for what type of rat this is or along those lines. but i will make sticky a post of links to sites that talk about the different variations if you guys are willing to compile such a list.
Alright, thanks Twitch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
twitch said:
i didn't know i had replied forensic... :lol: but you are right the glossary would be far too large and its not needed when a google search will show you what you're looking for there. if you guys want to start a topic dedicated to finding these sites and sharing them with the rest i'll sticky it though.
Um... Magic Precognition?

Whoops, sorry! Meant Stephanie. I did. :oops: :oops: :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
Thanks twitch! :)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top