Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got two rats on saturday. i took one out to play earlier and he was fine, doesn't like to get picked up though. But he didn't poo once while he was out. The other however poos constantly when he is out with me. I had to put him up because it was all over the towel and my shirt.

is it possibly because he wasn't ever handled much? something he ate? or just gets anxious??

·
Registered
208 Posts
Fear poops. :) They usually come in sets of four! :p Once they get more used to things the fear poops will stop, or at least slow down. Also younger rats can't 'hold it' very long, I think up to 30 minutes, where as the older rats can hold it for over an hour I believe.

As a rule when I'm holding a new ratty I have some tissue nearby for the fear poops.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Thanks a bunch. I am new to rats and still getting used to them and they are getting used to me. They haven't been handled very much so they are a handful.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yeah, my boys used to do that all the time... The worst part is when you miss one in your hood.... :oops:

Good luck with them. :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
or find one 6 hours later in the pocket of your hoodie. mozart has always liked sleeping in my shirts and left me a present tucked right up against my boob for like an hour before i noticed. delicious, no really.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts