Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone seems to be getting litter training just great... except Denna, who seems to think that the wheel is a 5th litter box. I had a Silent Spinner originally, but she made poop streaks all around the wheel within a day. I'd have to hose off the wheel everyday. Then I got a new wheel that has 1/4"x1/4" wire mesh (so too small to catch her feet) that's supposed to led poop fall through. However, the original design for the wheel was for sugar gliders; my wheel has a heavier bearing that can take the rats' heavier weights. However, the level that the wheel is on is always covered in poop. At first, I thought maybe someone is leading a rebellion and just doesn't want to poop in that litter box under the wheel... but all the little turds are generally in front of the wheel... I think Denna is still pooping in the wheel and it's all getting flung out onto the main floor of the DFN.

Is there anyway I can make this... stop? Should I move the litter box under the wheel to somewhere else?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Most rats don't like to use the wheel for anything other than sleeping or pooping, but if she or one of your other girls actually uses it, I suggest taking out the wheel until she's litter trained, then putting it back in when your sure it's not going to be used as a poop slinger aha

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is litter trained everywhere but this spot.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
My one rat Jet is the only rat that uses the wheel. And she too craps inside it, grrr.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem with Wodent Wheels is that they are completely solid AND enclosed, so the poop would just stay inside and make a big poop streak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts