Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rat Boggles, is such a love bug. He just THRIVES on human attention - too much maybe.

What I mean by this is that any time he is in his cage, he seems depressed. I take all the ratties out A LOT daily - and I do mean alot. They all seem pretty happy. Boggie is such a happy and funny little guy WHEN he is out of the cage. When he is IN the cage however, he sits in one place with his nose hanging out just looking miserable, and BEGS to come out.

I have lots of toys in the cage, and lots of little obstacle courses - all the other guys in the cage have loads of fun...but Boggie just cries and begs to come out.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would make a ratproof playpen. I've done that for my rats before, they loved it. You just have to make sure to make sure they can't climb stuff. Like ... a fence type thing with carboard on the inside so they can't climb up. :) Hope that helps.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I agree with Zach hes outside the cage but inside a different cage haha i bet they love to run around in it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
so are you saying like have like a chicken wire playpen with cardboard over the top so he cant climb out?because im not sure if that would help (even tho it sound like a great idea and a good way to get them more exercise) it sound more like he need human contact rather than being out of the cage.but im not really sure what you could do about that, apart from playing with them more, alltho it sounds like you allready play with them alot.but i dont think there is anything you can do =[

·
Registered
489 Posts
Haha i was gonna say get him a friend, thinkin he was a loner. Then i decieded to glance t who posted the topic, because you have 30 rats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts