Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this post on Craigslist and at first I was really hoping that the container they are pictured in isn't the place they are being kept all the time. But, after looking more closely at the pictures it looks like they have a water bottle and the bedding looks pretty soiled. Poor rat babies! Wish I had my DCN so I could take in a few. Hopefully the $10 price tag will keep most of these babies from the fate of dying as snake food.

http://boise.craigslist.org/pet/4762168888.html

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Ugh. That entire listing just made me want to violently vomit. "Just in time for Christmas" indeed. I would not give these people your money even if you had the DCN! They are just making a quick buck off of living creatures and they do not care who takes them home. Giving them money only enables them to churn out more rats like that.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
They're on a mix of cedar shavings as bedding. I'm wonderfully enraged now. I hate people.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ugh. That entire listing just made me want to violently vomit. "Just in time for Christmas" indeed. I would not give these people your money even if you had the DCN! They are just making a quick buck off of living creatures and they do not care who takes them home. Giving them money only enables them to churn out more rats like that.
THIS.

Please, don't try to save the one (or even two or three) at the expense of the many.

First, as breeders, they aren't even allowed to post on the free adoption/rehome list that is Craigslist.

But, this kind of subhuman cares nothing for ethics, whether that has to do with respecting the rules of a cyber list, or respecting the lives--and quality of life--of innocent small living beings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.