Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple days ago, I noticed that Whimsy seemed to be having trouble opening her right eye. I watched it, and after ten minutes and considerable washing, she was still unable to open it. I took a slightly wet cloth and wiped it until she could open it.

I haven't noticed anything else until earlier today. Right eye, again crusted shut. Had my husband help me wipe it so she could open it. Was working in the bedroom for a few minutes and talking to them. Looked over, and now both her eyes are crusted shut.

What's going on?? Is this something she should be able to take care of herself? Is it like a ratty version of pink eye? She doesn't seem to have any other negative symptoms: no funny breathing, no strange noises or squeaking.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have never had this happen to any of my rts but it doesn't sound good. I f i were you I would take her to the vet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can't really say- it could be any number of things. My best advice would be to keep a close eye on her for any more symptoms, and get her to a vet asap. Also, the breeder you got her from may have an idea- email them,.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It could have been a number of things but you should see if there is swelling or redness around the eyes. I think this is a matter that provides notifying your vet. Good luck to your girl, Whimsy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts