Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have just gotten into the business of breeding rats and selling them as pets. At this point, I have one breeder male and 5 breeder females. All of them seem fine except one. She seemed to be underweight but we got her young and even then she was small and she's younger than all the others so I just figured it was because she was younger. She is old enough to breed but has never gotten pregnant. She was perfectly fine yesterday. but when I went to feed and let them out for playtime I found her laying down in the cage and constantly rolling over and over to the right side. She has a severe head tilt so I thought maybe it was an inner ear infection. But could it become that severe just overnight as there was no head tilt yesterday and she was running around and playing with her cage mates she has no balance and she's not eating? I'm not sure what to do or what could cause this besides a brain tumor or a stroke. If anyone has had this problem or knows what's going on and how I can treat it please let me know I don't want to lose one of my girls.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were going to take her this morning to a regular vet because there are no vets that deal with rats in my area. But it seems like it was more than an ear infection. she had passed in her cage overnight. Sadly it was the weekend and we had nowhere to take her but thank u SonicRat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts