Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new PEW boy, Albus, has been hunkered down in his basket underneath all of the fleece I put in. He stayed there all day yesterday and it wasn't until I turned the light off just to see if that'd change things that he came out and started eating. Could this be a light sensitivity or possibly just trying to stay away from the mean person who keeps trying to put him with the mean rats (introductions are not going well)? I have other ruby and pink eyed rats and none of them seem to mind the light, but they also all have color to their coats which I guess might make a difference.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've noticed multiple times on this forum others have posted about ruby/pink eyes being light sensitive. I only have my Siamese with ruby eyes, and she is very light sensitive. She's actually the sweetest of my girls, but she won't move or do anything when the lights are on and will just sit and hunker down. I always have to remember to dim the lights for her, especially when I take the girls out to play and she will zoom about everywhere. If I have her out in the day she hides in my shirt and won't come out. I think she's more on the extreme light sensitive spectrum and possibly your new boy is as well? Just try dimming the lights more and see how he interacts? I noticed a huge change with her and lights on or off just with experimenting. I did notice early on when I got her though that she did the "head bob" when the lights were on and had trouble seeing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts