Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard scritchy scratchy rat sounding noises inside or on my wall. started earlier tonight. i havent actually seen any rats. Shortly after i heard the noises, i stepped outside then came back in to discover Yuki did not get put back up. (oops!) he is fine, no signs of distress or injury, but I'm curious. if he did come in contaxt with a wild rat, is there anything that could happen to him? also, with the slight risk of him being in contaxt with a wild rat, can he go back in the cage with his 14 cage mates?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, to clarify, yuki was not out when i heard the scratchibg so it could not have been him

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I would be worried and would try to keep them away from wild rats.Yes there are tones of things they could get from wild rats but it's very improbable from short contact.They can't catch leptospirosis (contact with animal urine or inhalation of scat), hantavirus not norway rat borne, tularemia seems easier to contact but probably not and I assume he has no bites on his body and doesn't seem to have gotten in a fight therefore no bite contact (rat bite disease or the very improbable not usually carried by rats but possible in mammals:rabies).Also parasites...mites and stuff...

·
Registered
680 Posts
15 rats! Holy crap! I have 4 and feel overwhelmed when they are all out playing. I can't imagine having 15. Are you sure one didn't get loose in your walls? ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts