Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Germany!

A little about myself how I came to love rats, and what I hope to learn from these forums.

So I grew up in Ohio, USA and was first exposed to rats when I was a little kid and a giant one lived behind my stove. I was more curious of it than afraid and wondered what a rat even was. few years later I went to a science museum to witness rats playing basketball it was so cute and amazing! When my family moved to a new town the pet store nearby had a little male rat that I adored and from then I knew I wanted rats. Months later (and lots of required rat book reading) we adopted two little female ratties who my family loved dearly.

Fast forward to many years later and now I'm living in Germany. At the moment my boyfriend and I do not have any pets, but I'm very interested in getting rats again soon. Also trying to bring my bf on board about the idea (he didn't grow up with having pets). So I've been doing loads of research, and I am finding it difficult to translate all the German pages and finding cages that aren't made completely out of wood. So perhaps other folks on here might have some ideas! Either way I would love to become more knowledgable responsible rat parent for the future. I look forward to reading all the questions, stories, and info on here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've never owned a rat but I'm in the process of changing that and I'm so excited. My boyfriend too has some reservation about them (as rats though, not as pets) but he's supportive because he knows it'll make me happy. I too have been doing so much research and I can't wait to be a part of the "rattie" community! Ha!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Pokey! Rats make such amazing pets! The ones I had as a kid were so sweet and even though they lived around two years they were a major part of our family. I hope you get your ratties!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts