Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got baby pictures from the breeder I'm getting my ratties from! Introducing Prima, Proxima and Solus :) The only one who's officially got a name glued to them is Proxima, and she's the rex. The other two I have to meet in person before I settle on who's Solus and who's Prima. SKWEEEE!!!!! They come home next week! :D

Ratty 1 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Ratty 2 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Ratty 3 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only 3-5 days away before the babies come home! I am SO EXCITED! Been talking to a ratty owning friend in the states about hairless ratty care, as my information is sadly out of date and she's had several in the past. Been 10 or more years since I had my last hairless :) Buying a larger cage next weekend for when the girls outgrow the current one. The new cage is a bird flight cage. Current, new cage is all set up and now just waiting for the girls to arrive. Last that I have to do is a small shopping trip for food and bedding :) .

I'm so excited that I could pop!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YEEEEHAAAW! They're coming home tonight! I'm meeting the breeder at Petsmart, where I will meet and greet the babies and then I can pick up food and stuff :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're Here!!!!!!!!! **Dies from deh Cute** OMG.... No wonder I love rats so much. These guys are already exploring their cage and they've only been home for 45 minutes. Food... I won't push it. I have lots of treats out, so they won't starve, LOL!! I am resisting the urge to play with them until Wednesday. My One parrot can see the rats from his cage and he's all 'What the HOLY HECK are THOSE THINGS?' LOL. Like a soap opera, I swear.

I apologize for the cruddy photos. I'll get better ones over the next few days.

Prima and Solus. The girls ARE different. Prima has a spot on her butt, but otherwise they look like clones!

Prima and Solus by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

And here's Proxima :)

Proxima by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the girls out in the tub today, doing some handling and stuff. They still won't take treats from me, but they're not running in terror from me. Success! My girls were really really really well socialized. I am so happy that they're so brave!

Solus Prima and Proxima by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Excuse the tub mess. It's from taking a bath and no amount of wiping removes the lines. It's really frustrating. The girls don't seem to care, though. Proxima is the rex, Solus is the hairless without the spot on her butt and Prima is the last one remaining, LOL :)

Proxima and Solus and Prima by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

and a close up of Solus

Solus 2 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

And a blooper with Solus. Her extreeeeeeme close up, heeheee!:

Solus by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

·
Registered
63 Posts
Omg, they are so cute! Wish I could have a hairless but there are no reputable breeders near me. Oh well, maybe next time. So cute though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts