Rat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Um i dont know maybe they can eat the seeds? I dont know for sure. Anyone think they could eat the seeds? It might have no nutrition value to them, heck i dont know. :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Mmm, pumpkin seeds have lots of yummy-value, especially for humans with a little brown sugar sprinkled over the top and then baked...

I'd bet they're just fine for ratties, but in moderation- they're a seed, and so pretty fatty if they have too much.

Also, a recipe I just found called for cooked, cut up peices of pumpkin for rats, so I'm sure that if you cooked it, they'd love it!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ya so just maybe give them a pumpkin seed as a rare treat :D

So for the pumpkin pieces how would you cook them? Boil? Bake?????????
Just curious.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Bake the pumpkin seeds. They're also good salted. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
i think it would be pretty interesting to cut out a hole in the side of the pumpkin big enough for the rats to crawl in to and then just let them go to town.
Probably make a pretty big mess though.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had planned on letting the boys *carve* a pumpkin.. then we left them back home :oops: I can imagine it would be very messy and that you would end up with very orange rats, of course you would have to tell them to say out of the pumpkin or else they wouldn't go near it...

AustinXAPMX3: Please stop posting absolutely nothing every three seconds, its annoying. It doesn't matter how high your post count is, no one cares about the quantity of your posts, its the quality that matters. Its been hinted at my multiple people but you never seem to notice it so I'm stating it now. If you have something to say more than parroting the person above you by all means share, but don't flood the forum with useless posts.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I've never heard anything for or against raw pumpkins.

However, and once again I'm just guessing, I wonder if the raw seeds would have the same problem that raw peanuts/soynuts would have? You aren't supposed to feed your rats those.

I bet they don't as the seeds aren't nuts/beans like the other two.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I gave my rats some small pieces of raw pumpkin and they both loved it. We also roasted the seeds (primarily for human consumption) and gave each of the rats one and they devoured them.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Right after I made my post, I read where Night mentioned that she gave her rats raw pumpkin seeds occasionally. As I'm sure she wouldn't be doing it if it hurt her rats, it sounds like it's ok to do.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Forensic said:
Bake the pumpkin seeds. They're also good salted. :)
Forensic, your boys are SOO cute in their "costumes" LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts