Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I boiled a WHOLE bunch of chicken thighs today & then removed the meat from the bones. I boiled them for a LONG times till the gristle and the meat literally fell away from the bones.

Is this ok to give my ratties as is? Or do I need to do something else to the bones first?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
your ratties will looooooove you for this!! i only give my girls the bigger of the bones though... drummies, larger wing bones, etc. give them some of the chicken meat too...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
your ratties will be fine the way it was cooked. the bigger bones last longer and have more yummy marrow in them but i don't see a problem with the smaller bones like wings either. a little bit of meat left on would have been fine too.

what were you boiling all that meat for anyway? were you making a stew? see, i just moved out on my own last april past and am always on the look out for new recipes to try.

·
Registered
489 Posts
It should be fine. If there is any splinters, just take them off. Make it smooth and leave some chicken for the ratties!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
twitch said:
what were you boiling all that meat for anyway? were you making a stew? see, i just moved out on my own last april past and am always on the look out for new recipes to try.
Chicken Tacos - My son and husband eat COPIOUS amounts of this. Usually I use breasts only, but my daughter picked up thighs by accident whnen I sent her to the store. Its really easy. I just boil the meat in chicken stock and then shred it. Then I cook it on medium low wiht taco seasoning and a little broth to keep it from getting dry. Then I serve it with both hard and soft taco shells, fresh pico and cheese. EASY meal!

Let me know what you like and dont like, and I can give you lots of recipes. Cooking is a hobby for me and since I started having health issues and started working at home, I do alot of it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts