Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had Mickey and Snowball for almost a week now , will they ever stop pooping on me? lol Mickey is getting better but Snowball isn't and the smell of their poop is awful , they are on Kaytee , that's what they were on when I got them and I do want to change that to Oxbow , I just ordered some so going to slowly get them off the kaytee and on to something better another thing Snowball always sneezes about 4 or 5 times when she is on me , wondering if she is sick or is it the fabric softner I use in my clothes , can't think of anything else , she doesn't sneeze in her cage and Mickey isn't sneezing
any ideas here ?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have had Mickey and Snowball for almost a week now , will they ever stop pooping on me? lol Mickey is getting better but Snowball isn't and the smell of their poop is awful , they are on Kaytee , that's what they were on when I got them and I do want to change that to Oxbow , I just ordered some so going to slowly get them off the kaytee and on to something better another thing Snowball always sneezes about 4 or 5 times when she is on me , wondering if she is sick or is it the fabric softner I use in my clothes , can't think of anything else , she doesn't sneeze in her cage and Mickey isn't sneezing
any ideas here ?
My rats used to always poop on me too when I first got them. It's mostly because they're nervous. As far as the sneezing goes, rats have really sensitive respiratory systems, so any scent is going to bother them. Is try and have a few shirts that you can wear that haven't been washed with it and see if that makes a difference. If she's not sneezing in her age at all whatsoever and just when she's on you then I'd just keep a close eye on her just in case. If she does start sneezing in her cage as well, I'd make a trip to the vets to get a check up as well as some antibiotics as it could be the start of a flare up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They will eventually learn like my rat use to do that to an after about two weeks they will learn to just poop in there cage but my rat ash likes to sent mark stuff now so yeah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts