Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a single female adult rat, Watson. She is eating oxbows adult rat formula and in a month or two i should be getting two babies as cage mates who will be 6 weeks. I read somewhere that the adult oxbow diet is not good for young rats, so what should i do to make sure both my adult and the young ones will have a proper diet? Also the oxbow blocks are pretty much all i feed her because shes my first rat i never had anyone tell me to mix it with anything? so im confused how to do the mixed feedings.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
the oxbow adult formula is fine for both your older girl and young ones. You can give the babies extra proteins from eggs, meat, and some baby foods aswell as some fruits and veggies that has protein in them. I have a young girl who I got at 5 weeks and didn't give her any extra protein though and she is fine. You could give the younger two the extra protein and have your older girl out of the cage with you, while they eat it. It wouldn't hurt your older girl to have some of the extra protein though either.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thank you so much, i was worried on what to do, and for protein would baked or boiled chicken be ok? I know rat like to eat it but is that a good source?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts