Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baby Gizzard is really fuzzy. Her hair isn't smooth at all. It sticks out in random spots, and is generally messy. She is in a constant state of looking like she was just towel dried after a bath. I've seen pictures of rex rats and Gizzard's fur is DEFINITELY not that wavy/curly but it is not straight like standard fur either.

Her nose whiskers are straight but the whiskers above her eyes are curly.

Is it possible that she is rex? You can't really see her hair pattern so well in pictures but when you hold her, you can see her hair has random ridges where it sticks up.

·
Registered
996 Posts
She could be a rex. My boy Pooka had curly whiskers when he was a baby, but now all but his eyebrow whiskers are fairly straight. Occassionally a kinky one will grow out, but that happened with my non-rex rats too lol. His fur clearly has a texture to it but isn't nearly as wild as some rexes. She could be a very poor rex.

This shows Pooka's whiskers, but not his curly eyebrow ones.

His whiskers and fur as a baby are pretty visible here. He clearly has a wave to his fur, but that lessened when he got his adult fur to the point that at a glance, you can't tell that he has different fur.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts