Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so after browsing through just about every pet store in the county, I have yet to find a decent wheel for my girls. Everything (and I do mean everything!) is geared towards hamsters. :roll:

It’s seems I’ll have to order one off the internet, which is a problem because I can’t see firsthand if what I’m buying will work in my cage, but I’ve narrowed it down to a Wodent Wheel (my first choice) or a Comfort Wheel.

Before I actually order though I really need to know if it’s possible to take the stand off the wheel and hang/attach it directly to the wire of the cage? My cage has full levels, not removable shelves, and a wheel with a stand wont fit, but the wheel on it’s own will. The cage has half-inch wide, by 2 inch tall wire, if that makes any difference.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The stand can't be removed. I didn't want to take up floor space with my Wodent Wheel, so I attached it to the top of the cage by twist tying the base to the top. But I guess if you don't have room to put it on the floor, you also don't have room to put it on the top like that ^^ I don't have any measuring tools handy, but I'm pretty sure the stand only lifts the wheel up an inch at most off the ground.

If Silent Spinners can be attached to the side, I'd recommend getting one of those instead of a Comfort Wheel. I have a Comfort Wheel and a Wodent Wheel in my girls' cage, and the Comfort Wheel is loud and not very sturdy. My girls get in it, and it kinda bends down under their weight. They all prefer the Wodent Wheel. I don't have any experience with Silent Spinners though, but they seem to be tied as a top choice with Wodent Wheels ^_^

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mana. :)

Darn, I really liked the Wodent Wheels. I’ll look into the Silent Spinners, I’ve never seen one before (did I mention the selection in my neck of the woods is limited?) :lol:

They layout of my cage is difficult to work with, it’s four feet tall with four levels, each 12” high, so I need an 11” wheel without a stand. I would love to upgrade to a FN 141, but that won’t be for a while yet, so I’ve gotta work with what I have now.

Well, if anyone knows of a wheel that can be used without a stand please let me know! I would surely appreciate it! :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts