Rat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of question and comments
Is it normal for rat poo to smell bad
How would I go about fattening up my skinnier rat without plumping up my fatter one anymore
And also Remy LOVES Cheerios he will do anything and I mean anything for one its so cute

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Fear poops smell particularly foul. Otherwise, young rats on high protein diets smell sorta bad.

Could have two treats, like a nut for the skinny one and a cheerio for the fatter one. It's usually just easier to separate the two for feeding one a high-protein meal.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Rats from pet stores and some breeders are fed awful diets, which make poop smell bad. Depending on what they were fed before, that could cause the smell.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's just hard because scabbers (the thin one) dosent take things out of my hand very well yet but I'll try that I'll go get some roasted peanuts and pecans next time I go to the store

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also about how old would you say they are I'm just curious haha I think the store is wrong about the ages so I'm curious on y'all's opinion Rat Mammal Hamster Muridae Rodent

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm not great at guessing ages but they look pretty young to me, maybe a couple months? They're very cute. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you and I know there younger than a month I mean I can't imagine someplace calling a couple month old rat 8 weeks haha but yeah thank you there my little bundles of joy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Argh my little piggy so I made a fruit salad with some purred vegetables mixed with some solid chunks of fruit and I added a but of honey just a tiny bit to help fatten up Scabbers and I also added some crushed up lab blocks to be sneaky but of course Scabbers is eating it which makes me happy but then I realized something my little piggy Remy is licking all the puréed veggies and honey and stuff off of it completely ruining my little plan to fatten Scabbers up

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My rats are goofballs yesterday Remy was munching on some food and Scabbers is just sitting behind him cleaning himself and the. All of a sudden he lunges forward grabs the food from Remy and starts devouring it haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts