Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else's rats poo and pee In there hammocks? I know rats are verry clean and dont normaly lay in there waste .I have a shy girl who I'm working on immersion training (she still isn't so excited about me) bust she uses the hammocks as her personal bathroom also she goes right next to the food dish its on the top level but her pee is just spraying out of the cage on to the carpet. I can wash the hammocks but the peeiong out of the bars is awfull. And now I've noticed one of the other ones is now doing it too... any advice in how to curb this? I thought about just getting rid of the paper bedding and using fleece...... my cage is a deep bottom pan and fleece lining just doesn't work it won't stay down and I just wind up with a ball of shreded material. should I just buy a new cage I can fleece? Is that really going to make a difference on where they poo? The only one not litter trained was the shy one and now I feel like I'm going backwards and their just going to pee and poo where ever they want.. so I need to start litter traing again?. now I know they arnt alwayse going to go 100% of the time in the litter ya gotta go ya gotta go any tips would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Litter training is always iffy. Some get it fully, some half way do & others could care less.

I've had some potty in their hammocks & food dishes & sleep in the litter box...

Are u still using a litterbox? U don't have to switch to fleece, while I prefer it, fleece isn't a magic anti-potty bedding :) you just need to use a different type of bedding in the cage then what u use in the litterbox.

Also if u have a large cage maybe get several litterboxes for different floors. Getting large rocks and using them in the litterbox helps a lot as well.

To protect your floor maybe use a sheet of plastic or a blanket under the cage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts