Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
You don't have to post to let everyone you're going to bed, it's a message board, not a chatroom ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
has anyone tried the pea fishing? Well I did. and OMG that was a bad expeirence. I put everything out for about 15 minutes to let them investigate even tried putting fionas feet in it. SHE HATED IT. so finaly i deicided to let her just play out of her cage. haha

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Start your girl slowly. Peas in a bowl first, then a little bit of water and a bit more as she figures it out. I had 5 rats that I tried it with, and only one figured it out. She would pull out a pea and they would steal it from her...hilarious!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I agree about the heat pillow... it kinda scares me that they could break it open.

My boys liked pea fishing from day 1. But when I take them to the bathtub to go swimming for real, they aren't big fans. I put a basket upside-down in the center of the tub so they could have an island, and for the most part, they stay there. But I started using broken pieces of yogies as rewards for when they do venture out and swim. I am thinking that eventually they will get used to swimming and enjoy it because it means they get treats.

·
Registered
722 Posts
madonnaswimmer said:
I put a basket upside-down in the center of the tub so they could have an island, and for the most part, they stay there. But I started using broken pieces of yogies as rewards for when they do venture out and swim. I am thinking that eventually they will get used to swimming and enjoy it because it means they get treats.
That's an awesome idea! My girls hate the bathtub... maybe a little island and some yogies would help them to enjoy the experience a little more!

·
Registered
941 Posts
madonnaswimmer said:
I put a basket upside-down in the center of the tub so they could have an island, and for the most part, they stay there.
Thats what I do.

And for Pea fishing:

I did that a few times and they drank the water and picked out the peas. lol..

·
Registered
353 Posts
i made a couple heat pillows, a big one and a little one.....well, wolfy is a chewer and chewed up the smaller one...no big deal though, i used rice....the bigger one he didnt chew, he peed all over it...ya cant put pee in the microwave.....ewwwww

1 - 12 of 12 Posts